Free Online Writing References:
How to Write the Proposal
NIH Biosketch – FAQs
NIH Biosketch Sample
Penn State University – Scientific Writing Guidance
Still need assistance? Contact 224/521-9522 or email@example.com.
Each grant RFP states who may and may not apply for funding and if there is a geographic restriction.
You must be a CHEST member in order to apply for a Research grant and/or Distinguished Scholar grant.
For a Community Service grant, membership is preferred but not mandatory.
Learn more about becoming a CHEST member
- You must have an FCCP designation.
- You have published extensively.
- You are a trusted source to your colleagues.
- Colleagues turn to you when they need help, have questions,
- Peers trust your opinion.
- Peers highly regard your opinion and ideas.
- You are well regarded by your colleagues.
- You have been a successful mentor.
- You have accomplished much in your career.
- You have advanced experience in conducting research projects.
- You are in the later stages of your career.
- The CHEST Foundation website hosts a Request for Proposal (RFP) for each grant. The RFPs contain instructions on how to apply for a grant.
- Apply for the RFP that interests you by going to the CHEST Foundation Apply for a Grant page.
- Click on the link to access the Grants Management System, which will open on February 1
- All applications will have required budget and budget summary templates that they must use for submission
- Required documents can be found on the Apply for a Grant page and on the Grant Resources page
- Salaries for staff directly contributing to the program:
- Technical personnel
- Administration assistance
- Undergraduate support
- Temporary staff support
- Other costs directly related to implementing the program:
- Purchase of supplies – medication, disposables, etc.
- Production costs
- Consultants or contractual workers
- General office supplies
- Program materials for expanding outreach or development
- Patient incentives
- Salary for Principal Investigator
- Travel (Community Service Grants will review travel line items on a case-by-case basis. Some programmatic travel may be permitted.)
- Capital campaigns
- Infrastructure costs
- Modification of facility
- Facility equipment
- Program equipment (Funding may not be used on office equipment or program equipment over $1,000. The organization/institution should be providing necessary workspaces with needed equipment to complete the project.)
- Reimbursement for third-party funding
- Overhead fees charged by institution/organization for grant-related management or expenses
- Any indirect fees
- Submit request through the Grants Management System and attach any necessary documents.
- All requests must go through the Grants Management System.
- Make sure you are sending in your NCE request no later than 30 days before your project end date.
- All grants that span 2 or more years must submit an interim report at the end of each year.
- Multiyear grant recipients must submit an interim report at the end of year one (1).
- Distinguished Scholar grant recipients must submit an interim report at the end of year one (1) and the end of year two (2).
- Submit all necessary documents through the Grant Management System.